Welcome to the Switch MOPC Program!
MESSAGE FROM THE WARDEN, ROBERT PARKER
Our Council recognizes the importance of doing our part to limit the release of greenhouse gases and the effects of climate change. Our residents can each play a part in this effort but oftentimes the capital dollars needed to make necessary changes in their own home are insurmountable, even though it would lead to significant savings in the long run. For that reason, MOPC is initiating the Switch MOPC Program that will allow County residents to borrow the capital costs from their local government for improvements to their personal home that will lead to energy savings, including solar installations and pay back over a number of years. Together, we can all do our part to reverse the negative effects of climate change and save money at the same time.
Connect with a Program Advisor to learn more!
The Switch MOPC Program offers homeowners a personal “Energy Concierge” who will guide them through the entire home energy upgrade process, including home energy assessments, project and contractor selection, and access to generous rebates and incentives available through Provincial and Federal programs. The program also offers financing to remove barriers to entry. The program will pay your contractor upfront, with homeowners paying the program back with small monthly payments over 10 years. The program financing was designed to have your monthly savings from your upgrade exceed the monthly loan payments, saving money and increasing home efficiency and comfort.
We make it simple…
- Easy access to technical advice
- No upfront costs on installed equipment
- Fixed interest financing that can also act as bridge financing for a 0% Federal Canada Greener Homes loan
- The loan is attached to the property and can be easily transferred to new owners
- Savings designed to exceed payments
- Help to access and benefit from all eligible provincial and federal rebates
- Improve the value and comfort of your home
- Help finding local approved contractors in your area
- Contact us for advice +1 (902) 334-4227 or [email protected]
- We can help you get quotes from local contractors and book a Home Energy Assessment
- When you have a quote from your contractor and are ready to go, send it to us and we will draft a Participation Agreement for you to sign
- We will review your project and if it meets all program criteria we will your authorize contractor to proceed
- We pay contractor once you’re happy with the work
- Start your payments and start saving
- We will help you collect any rebates you are eligible for
The Switch MOPC Program will support almost any project that saves energy and reduces greenhouse gas emissions.
If your unsure whether the Switch MOPC Program can finance your desired project, please call or email the program.
Have your project pay for itself through energy savings!
The Switch MOPC Program was designed to have your monthly energy savings exceed monthly payments.
Key Financing Terms
- Financing through your property, not personal credit
- Fixed interest rate!
- 10 year terms
- One time 5% project and loan administration fee
- Early, partial or full repayments accepted
- Finance up to $40,000
- Low monthly payments with typical savings that will exceed payments
Combine with other Incentives and Financing
- You could be eligible for up to $10,000 in incentives from Efficiency NS
- Up to $5,000 in grants through the new Federal Greener Homes Program!
- An additional $5,000 is available for heat pumps through the “Oil to Heat Pump Affordability Program!”
- We’ll ensure you take advantage of all existing incentives available!
- Use your Switch MOPC loan to act as bridge financing to the 0% Federal Greener Homes Loan!
Are you a local contractor/supplier and want to know more about the program and grow your business?
Express interest and get invited to our next industry engagement session or give us a call.
Talk to our team at 902-334-4227 or send an email to: [email protected]